Monday 17 November 2008

Sweetcorn, Tea and the Flu.


I'm sitting here drinking a cup of tea and thinking, don't we all just hate Mondays? I mean seriously, Mondays... Monday is the day of the moon (Latin). Now when you think of the moon, you think of night time, and what do people do at night time unless of course you are a) crazy, b) an insomniac? That's right, give yourself a star... SLEEP!

Monday should officially be the day of sleep. I have decided to crown it the day of sleep. Monday glooms are no more for now Monday is the day of the sleep.

So the usual working hours apply 8 – 4pm and waking up this morning feeling like the insides of my nose had exploded is not a good feeling. I have been through the day with my nose deciding that it was going to leak at random so I might as well sit here with a tissue stuffed up my nose. How attractive am I on a scale of 1 – 10? 10 being fitty and 1 being I feel nauseous... I'm going to go with 3.

Some interesting other things I was reading about Monday that the day after Easter is known as Black Monday. It says on dictionary.com that the reason for it's reputation as Black Monday is a mystery but these people are so 1756 isn't it obvious? BLACK MONDAY! The day after Easter Sunday... what do people do on Easter Sunday? Eat shit loads of chocolate until they can't physically eat any more, or until you run out of chocolate. So Black Monday is named as such because you spend the whole day feeling sick and vowing never to eat chocolate ever again. Black Monday!

Now the dictionary also says it's the second day of the week... how is this possible? I thought in the biblical sense Sunday was the last day of the week known as the day of rest? You know, God made the world in 6 days and on the 7th he lay to rest. Or something. So how can it possibly be the second day of the week? I think someone has got their wires crossed in le bible... or I may have just proven that God doesn't exist... HOLD THE FORT!!! HOW DARE I SAY SOMETHING SO BLASPHEMOUS!! Meh... I'll get over it.

I hate Mondays.

More so when I feel like little gnomes are chiselling away at the insides of my nose.

No comments: