Monday 1 December 2008

Oh Wow, look at you now, Flowers in the Window

Apparently there is an old saying that men only buy flowers for their women if they have done something. I am wondering where this came from? It mostly sparks in a marriage because apparently when you are married the romance kind of dies, and a man brings you flowers to say sorry for forgetting something or if he has done a something wrong. Why can't they just bring you flowers... well... Because?!

I've spoken to a few married people and even they say that if your man comes home with flowers randomly then you should have your suspicions because he's probably done something. I'm sorry but I have to say I don't believe this one bit. Guys CAN buy you flowers “just because”. Why not? Why think there is something behind it? Us women are far too suspicious of things going on. I think it's lovely when you find someone you can totally trust and have no “well why did he do that?” behind it.

Sometimes ladies, we just need to accept the fact that men do these things “just because” it's us.

I'm not saying men don't buy flowers when they want to say they are sorry, but I think there are many other reasons too.

1. To say sorry.

2. To make you smile when you are sad.

3. To show you that they care.

4. To let you know they are thinking of you (Surprise flowers! Yay!)

5. Because they secretly like flowers (ha ha!)

So I really like it when I get flowers, like I did this weekend, hence my flowery blog today. After having such a bad Saturday in preparation for a James Bond party, with everything going wrong that could possibly go wrong, My dress didn't fit, I had to go hunting for a new one with hoards of stupid shoppers, my credit card deciding not to work, my water deciding that it would stay cold when I needed to have a shower, arriving at the hotel only to find that I couldn't check in without partners consent as it was in his name but under my card, My credit card being declined again, then my debit card being declined, then HIS debit card being declined, then him ringing me telling me he's going to be here later than he was as he forgot his shoes at home, moving our cars to my office wasn't so bad, but by that time I was so upset with everything that had gone wrong I just burst into tears (even though I laughed it all off during the period of what went on)... and then receiving flowers and chocolates, which stopped all the crying and sniffs and made the night amazing.

Hooraaaay for flowers! (and partners, but don't tell them that)

No comments: