Monday 8 December 2008

Christmas is upon us

Once again it's Monday, (woo yay... not), we've got this week, then next week, then CHRISTMAS WEEK! Christmas is approaching fast, has everyone done their shopping? I certainly haven't, mostly because I do not know what to get my friends + I have no monies. Seriously, NO MONIES! I can't even pay for the things I usually pay for, how bloody bad is that? All because of last Saturday (the one before the one just gone, 29th Nov) and my credit card deciding that it would choose the day I actually needed it, to stop working. So low and behold I was screwed anyway. Sucks to be me really.

I feel so bad that I can't get my friends something nice, even small (I can't even afford a fiver!!!) because I just can not afford it. This has been the most expensive time of the year (when isn't it the most expensive?) and the credit crunch and all this palava going on, it hasn't helped much. They say in shops things are on sale, 75% discount (that's good, things should be about a fiver then!) but oh no... they are exactly the same price, they just say these things to lure shoppers in who think they are getting a good deal. KNOW YOUR SHOPS! If you shop somewhere regularly then you should know the prices of garments, so please please you crazy shoppers, LOOK at what you are buying! I can't remember which shop I went to as it was a few weeks ago, possibly Topshop, but I went in after it said money off things and they were actually MORE EXPENSIVE than they are at usual price... but hey 75% off I'm going to buy it! Friggin steal! No thanks.

It really is tough times these days, and yet I am still trying to look on the bright side, what with New year coming up (and having NO MONEY) it's going to be very tight. But hopefully the New year will bring more positives around the corner. It's been a very tough year, and I am happy to say I can't wait to see the back of it and start again, making choices, not letting things get me down, stopping people getting to me. It's going to be the year of change. Everything is going to change for the better, I will make sure of it and hopefully it will be a lot more jolly, even in the tough times.

So even though everyone is flat broke, Christmas and New Years may be cheap, the weather is shit and cold, jobs losses are sky-rocketing (I feel for these people so much), the economy is falling faster than a meteorite, but look on the bright side, New Years means to start again and make that difference. You're going to have to do it eventually... so I think now is a good time to make the changes you have always wanted to. I think if we didn't keep positive then there would be a whole lot of suicide reports on the news...

And there hasn't been...

This was very philosophical for a Monday morning at 7am...

No comments: